YOU CANT STOP THE WAVES BUT YOU CAN LEARN TO SURF

ANXIETY .WORRY. APPREHENSION. UNEASE. NERVOUSNESS . PERTURBATION .



Iv'e been suffering from anxiety since I was 17 years old. I remember driving home from work one night and felt this heaviness on my chest like it was being crushed, my heart was palpitating, I  was starting to hyperventilate I thought I was going to black out.... what the fuck was going on? I thought I was having a heart attack. 

I called my parents and they came and picked me up. The next day I went to my Drs and that was the first time I heard of a "panic attack", I thought how is it a panic attack? I Wasn't panicking. 

13 years later and lets just say that I am very educated on panic attacks and anxiety now. It is very very common and most people will have one panic attack in there life. 
It can be very scary but just remember you WILL be ok, it WILL pass, breathe (inhale, exhale) SLOWLY. 








here are some known facts about panic attacks...


1# A PANIC ATTACK CAN FEEL LIKE YOU ARE DYING.
Panic attack symptoms can vary from person-to-person, but some of the most common symptoms include intense anxiety, sweating, dizziness, a racing heart, shortness of breath, nausea, chest pain, numbness, even stomach cramping and headaches. 



2# THERE IS NOT ALWAYS A TRIGGER.
It’s true that sometimes you can easily pinpoint the cause of a panic attack: you might have serious money stresses, been fired from your job, recently lost a loved one, gone through a divorce, or you maybe you are in a crowded space.

However, there doesn’t have to be a cause – and there very often isn’t. Attacks can seemingly come out of nowhere (you could be driving, in a meeting, or in a public space) and can start at any stage of your life – no matter if if you’ve had a history of anxiety before.




3# PANIC ATTACKS CAN HAPPEN WHILE YOU ARE SLEEPING.
It’s actually possible to have a panic attack while you’re fast asleep.
These are called ‘nocturnal panic attacks’ and are similar to the ones people have when they’re awake.



4# DIET AND EXERCISE CAN HAVE A PROFOUND IMPACT ON PANIC ATTACKS.
Research has found that participating in a regular exercise program can decrease your feelings of stress, anxiety-related tension, and tightness throughout the body. It may lessen the frequency of panic attacks as well.
Your diet can also influence your experience with panic attacks. Studies have revealed that certain foods and substances can trigger anxiety and other panic attack symptoms. For example, consuming excessive amounts of caffeine, alcohol, or monosodium glutamate (MSG) can potentially increase anxiety and panic attacks. 



5# PANIC ATTACKS CAN BE TREATED.
seeking medical help, there are some techniques that can help:
  • Avoiding caffeine, alcohol, smoking and drugs
  • Practicing stress management (making sure you have time to switch off) and relaxation techniques (like meditation)
  • Getting physical (make sure you factor exercise into your routine to get the endorphins flowing)
  • Sleeping (experts recommend between 7-8 hours)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hope who ever reads this can find some hope and benefit from this information. 

PEACE & LOVE X

















Photos: Tumblr
Info: not mine


Comments

Popular Posts