I DID IT!!

ANXIETY. TRAVEL. ALONE. FIRST STEP.







So as most of you know or if you don't, I am now in Brain Tree, Essex London.

I had only been to London and Europe once before..about 4 years ago. 
That was my first BIG trip, I had only been over East in Australia or to Bali before that. 

Believe it or not, getting here was a BIG hurdle for me.
I have huge anxiety, something that has effected me immensely, especially these past few years. 

But on Saturday the 12th of May 2018 I took a step and travelled alone on the Dreamliner, the new plane that is a non stop flight straight to Heathrow London airport, 17 hours and 20 mins to be exact. 

I was sooooo nervous. For the past month leading up to it I was constantly telling myself I'm not going, I can't go. Had nightmares etc: 
But in reality I had to go, the plane ticket was booked!! 

So the day came of my departure, Luckily my partner, my parents and partners parents came to the airport to see me off. I felt like crying the entire time. I had never been away from them all for so long. 

Anyway....it was time to board, I finally found my seat and sat down preparing myself for the long haul flight. 
The plane was like a normal plane but had added features, like bigger entertainment screens, bigger windows, a foot rest (which I found out later on in the flight by a passenger in the other isle of me). 
I kept having moments of I'm going to cry, I'm going to have a panic attack, but luckily I didn't. 

17 hours and 20 minutes later I made it, I was greeted by my family at the airport and seeing there familiar faces was a HUGE relief for me. 

I guess what I'm trying to get at....is you may think you CANT do things, its too scary, something bad WILL happen etc: 

But what I have learnt so far in this experience, is YOU can do it!! its scary YES, but you can do it!! 

I think I've learnt that sometimes you have to take a leap of faith and push yourself in the deep end where you can't get out of it no matter what it is. You might need that extra push from family and friends as I did. But I am living breathing proof that its possible. 

This is a first step in what I am hoping will be many more steps and challenges in my life. 

So people.....breathe, everything WILL be ok, you just have to believe in yourself and believe you can do anything you set your mind to. 

Im here for another 4 weeks, then I travel alone to Spain which is something else that I am so anxious about, but again.. I know I CAN do it. Its just another challenge to tick of my list. 

I would also like to say thank you to some pretty special and amazing people for making this experience happen for me. 

PEACE X








Comments

  1. You should be proud Abby, and it sounds like you are. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Greg, yeah I am pretty proud of myself. I never in my life thought I would ever get on a plane alone. xxxx

      Delete
  2. This is so awesome! :) Have a wicked trip and enjoy spain!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts