RUBY BOOTS

-RUBY BOOTS-NEW ALBUM-DON'T TALK ABOUT IT-2018- THE ROSEMOUNT-


Ruby Boots (Bex Chilcott)has come home to release her new album    "Don't talk about it" this Friday the 11th May at The Rosemount, with special guests The Tommyhawks & Helen Shanahan. 


Having personally known Bex for a number of years now, and seen her boom through the music world with such stride, empowering and  mesmerizing all that has had the pleasure to listen to her captivating music.
This Friday the 11th of May is the place to be if you haven't yet witnessed  Ruby Boots for yourself... and if you have then you will be there anyway! 





I have decided to ask Bex some questions about her new album and future plans:



QUESTIONS

1. How long did it take to record your new album " Don't talk about it? and where was it recorded? 
It was a really quick process, it was tracked and mixed in under three weeks. My producer Beau was mixing some as we went a long and a lot of it was done live too.


2. Where there any special effects, tweaks done in the studio?
We put distortion on the vocals on a few of the tracks which I think really made the songs what they are. 


3. What is your song writing process? 
A lot of the songs came from conversations with friends on this record, the whole album was written in Nashville, a city that is populated with songwriters haha, so a lot of those topics covered in conversations were turned into songs. I collaborate a lot on songs these days, I want to make sure that I am not seeing the world through a singular lense and when I really gel with someone on a topic I think it adds so much more when there are more than one specific points of view on a topic. Of course I always make sure that whatever is written, if it sticks, I wholeheartedly feel and believe in so the song has something to say in my own voice and I can stand behind it for the life of the song.


4. Who are your biggest influences and heroes in the music world?
I have so many, local and international. Linda Ronstadt has always been someone I have looked up to vocally and musically, Lucinda Williams also, Tom Petty is a big one .. There have been a lot of Perth artists that have shaped the way I see music, or even have inspired to me write and perform at all like Abbe May and The Waifs.


5. What are your future plans?
I have USA summer touring coming up until August then I'll be heading to Europe and the UK to tour in September, there is so much touring coming up that I cannot think quite past that for now, I imagine anything after that will come in the shape of more touring haha! 


6. If you were to explain to someone in one sentence who Ruby Boots is, what would you say?
Ruby Boots is an artist that embraces the sharp edges of life, learns from them and writes about them, she is someone who has lived many lives before becoming who she is now, both the person and the artist which seeps out through her music, she is honest and raw in her performance and songs. 


7. Is there anything you would like to add?
I would like to add a thank you for chatting to me, and for supporting musicians and the stories that they have to tell 

XX RB


Thanks Bex you are the best xxxxxx






If you want to find out about the gig this Friday or any more about Ruby Boots please see the details below:



GIG INFO:
WHERE: The Rosemount Hotel
459 Fitzgerald Street (cnr Angove Street), North Perth WA 

DATE: 11th May 2018

DOORS: 8pm

COST: $26.05
buy tickets: https://rosemounthotel.oztix.com.au


-------------------------------------


RUBY BOOTS INFO:
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/RubyBootsMusic/

WEBSITE: http://www.rubybootsmusic.com

INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/rubybootsmusic/






PEACE XX


All photos found on Ruby Boots FB page

Comments

Popular Posts