SEANCE - FRINGE FESTIVAL 2018

COMPLETE DARKNESS. HEART THROBBING. THRILLING. 


The other night Sharni and I attended the 2018 Fringe festival event called "Seance". 

If you do not know what Seance means, it means the following:
  1. " A meeting at which people attempt to make contact with the dead, especially through the agency of a medium."


    "Take a seat, but don't get comfortable. 
    Séance is a performance in complete darkness. 
    Combining the concept of a traditional séance with cutting edge sound technology and sensory deprivation, Séance blurs the bounds of perception and reality. 
    Set in a 40ft shipping container, the experience is intense, exhilarating" 




    I felt so anxious awaiting for the event to take place, not really sure of what to expect, and knowing we will be sitting in a pitch Black Sea container for 20 minutes with nothing but audio made me feel somewhat slightly uncomfortable.

    The time finally arrived......... now I a not going to tell you what happens.....but I will say it was pretty damn good!!! 

    We thought it was so good that I decided to take my parents to the show for a "surprise' and surprise it was....especially for mum ha ha. I decided to ask her some questions. 



    QUESTIONS

    1. When I told you, Sharni and I were going to take you and dad  to a show what was your first expectations?
    Dad and I were really looking forward to it, as you have taken us to a Fringe show a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it, we couldn't wait to see what you were going to take us to this time. 

    2. When we finally arrived at the venue and you saw the word      "SEANCE" on a sea container, what were your thoughts? 
    "IS THIS WHAT YOU ARE TAKING US TOO!!!DO I GET TO TALK TO MY MUM"

    3. Once seated inside, and the show began what was your reaction? 
    "I was really excited and nervous. We all sat down and were told to put headphones on and put our hands on the table.....suddenly all the lights went out and it was pitch black. 
    Next I was taken on a journey beyond my imagination. 
    luckily I had you and Dad sitting beside me as I was shitting myself!"

    4. Did you think the show was worth it, and would you do it again? "It was a lot of fun even though it was frightening at times and I would definitely recommend it, I would do it again.....just not alone!!"

    4/5 ****


    Thanks Mum xxxxx


    ------------------------




    Details below:

    Name: SEANCE

    Website: https://fringeworld.com.au/whats_on/seance-an-immersive-experience-fw2018

    Duration: 20 minutes

    Cost: $20 

    Book your tickets online or at the box office. 











    PEACE XX

    --------------------------------

    All photos taken by: Yours truly 

Comments

Popular Posts