BEFORE YOU START STUDYING TIPS

                 STUDY. EDUCATION. SCARED. 


So I have been accepted to do a 6 month IV preparation course in nursing, and once I have completed that it will give me the entrance requirements needed to get into University. 

To be honest I am freaking out about going back into the education system. I haven't studied since I was 18 years old. Im now 29 and as stupid as this may sound I feel to old to be making such a big commitment of studying for the next 3-4 years. and to start studying with whom I'm assuming will be with majority a bunch of 17-25 year olds. (although I do still feel 21 haha)


I do know a lot of people of all different ages go to tafe and uni and start studying but I still feel like I will be the oldest there. Who knows, I will see I guess. 


I start the course on the 16th of July and have been looking up tips to make this transition as easy as possible for myself.



TIPS


1. Go to Orientation: This will help you suss out the place, ask questions, meet others who will be studying in your course, find out about your time table, and I'm sure plenty more. 


2. Dont be afraid to ask for help: I will 100% be doing this, the more help you have the better chance you have at doing well.


3. Get a smart rider card: I have never really caught much public transport in my time but I will have to once I start studying. There is no parking for students where I am studying and if you park anywhere else it will cost an arm and a leg, so to save me some $$$ I now have to suck it up and catch public transport, I suggest you do to. 


4. Make friends: Put in effort and make friends with the people in your course, this will make going to tafe or uni a lot more enjoyable and you can help each other out, and who knows you could meet a friend for life.



5. Cook dinners in bulk: Cook a big dinner to last you two or three nights. Just put it in the freezer. This will save you time when you get home from tafe and give you more time to study.


6. Create a space: Create a space away from distractions. Where you can study in peace. Add some vibe to the space. Candles, incense, nice flowers, cool stationary. Anything to make that space a place where you will want to go to study. 


7. Make time for you: Yes now that you are in the education world you are going to be very busy. But don't forget to take a night of for you.


Anyway wish me luck guys 

PEACE XX


















Photos found on Tumblr 

Comments

Popular Posts