TRAVEL TIPS

TRAVEL. ADVENTURE. SCARED. EXCITED. 


So in exactly 2 weeks and 5 days I am embarking on the new Qantas Dreamliner for a long 17 hour and 20 minutes flight. 
It will most likely be the longest 17 hours and 20 minutes of my life. 
I can barely sit still enough just travelling to Melbourne, let alone the 17+ trip to London, but I am so grateful to not have to stop half way. Given that this is only my second trip to London, and my first trip doing it alone. 

Im actually shitting myself. It may not be a big deal for a lot of people but this is HUGE for me. 

Anyway I thought I would share some of the travel tips I have found on the inter web, or advice that I have been given.


CHECK THE WEATHER: Just because its Summer coming up in London Europe doesn't mean you will just be wearing shorts, skirts, dresses  the whole time. 
I looked up the weather for while I will be in London, and it is going to be a lot cooler than I thought. It will basically be Australian Winter over there. Always check before you travel so you have a rough idea. 


PACKING TO MUCH: I am a BIG sucker for this one!! Even just going to Melbourne for a week I probably packed enough for a month, but hey a girls got to have options right!!
But seriously....you don't actually need all the extra stuff. 
Think of it like this...the more room you have in your suitcase the more stuff you can fit for all the goodies you buy. 

For me I will be away for just under 6 weeks.

My goal is to take less. This time it will be different as I will have access to a washing machine for a good 5 weeks of the trip so that does make it a lot easier.

Last time I took way to much and ended up carrying around 16kgs on my back....this wasn't fun!! 

Remember: Less is more!! and if you ever need anything you can always buy it. 

Another good packing trick is to roll your clothes, not only will it enable you to fit more but you will also end up with less creases.


SPEND MORE TIME IN FEWER PLACES: If you are travelling for a month or more obviously you can see a bit more. 

But this time when I meet up with Ryan in Spain we will only get 6 or so days together, I wanted to go to Barcelona and Venice then France but I have decided there is no point in doing that. As much as I want to see as much as I can, when I think about it most of the time if we choose that option will be travelling. I want to absorb the city and culture we choose to travel to. 
So I will meet him in Spain to watch his last Kill Devil Hills show, then spend a day with everyone in San Sebastian, then Ryan and I will go to France and spend 4 days there. 
I have been to France before and would have loved to see another country but you are kind of stuck once your in Spain and have limited options when you only have 4 days. 
It doesn't matter though, I love France, the people and the culture. 


LEARN THE BASICS OF THE LOCAL LANGUAGE: Not only is it respectful but it's really fun to try and learn the language, this was one of my favourite things about travelling. Hearing the different languages and trying to order drinks or food, saying hello, goodbye. The locals respect you more for it too and get a good laugh out of it. 


TAKE A COPY OF YOUR PASSPORT: Take at least three copies of your passport. Have one in your luggage, your hand bag, and give a copy to your parents, a friend, or just someone that is close to you back at home. If your passport gets stolen you will soon know about it. At least if you have copies all your details are there so it will make your life at the embassy a lot easier. ( hopefully this doesn't happen but its better to be safe than sorry)


ALWAYS TAKE A JUMPER FOR THE PLANE RIDE: Planes are always cold! You don't want to be spending hours of your time uncomfortable freezing. 


SET YOUR CLOCK TO THE LOCAL TIME OF YOUR TRAVEL DESTINATION: As soon as you get on the plane set your clock to your local destination time and force yourself to stay up, this is meant to help jet lag, I don't know if this actually works but I will try anything.


HYDRATION: Make sure you stay hydrated throughout your flight, the air pressure on the plane makes you get more dehydrated quicker. So drink lots of water. 


MOVE: On your Long haul flights try and get up and move up and down the isle and stretch at least every two hours if you can. This will keep the circulation moving and help with any stiff muscles once you are off the plane. 


STAY FRESH: Bring a little bag of toothpaste, toothbrush, brush, baby wipes, and freshen yourself up. There is nothing worst then getting of the plane after a long flight with furry teeth, messy hair and the stench of BO....ewwwl. Not only that, during your flight it will make you feel better and fresher. 


& Most importantly!! HAVE FUN!!


PEACE X















All photos found on Tumblr 

Comments

  1. Very good Abby can't wait to see you love Nanny pamxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts